Especially For Teachers
Mrs. Stewart’s Bluing has been used for generations to make a beautiful “Salt Crystal Garden”, a great science experiment for all ages. Did you know that MSB has many other uses in your school?
- In the ART room, MSB is used as ink for calligraphy, in pottery glazing, for salt crystal dioramas.
- In the SCIENCE lab, MSB is used for salt crystal growth, which can teach the scientific principals of evaporation, making carnations blue which teaches capillary action, scientific method testing and reporting.
- In PHYSICAL EDUCATION, MSB can be used to mark the edge of ski race courses or outdoor games in the snow and can keep school pool water looking inviting.
- In ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, MSB is a good example of a simple, but effective, product that is also green, environmentally friendly, non-toxic and non-hazardous and it is easy to test for these standards.
- In FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCE, MSB whitens laundry and makes glass and crystal sparkle.
- In LANGUAGE ARTS and HISTORY, instructing teachers to write about any of the above uses teaches informational comprehension and procedural writing. The history of MSB is a fascinating investigation into an old-fashioned product surviving the advances of society and technology over 100 years.
Mrs. Stewart’s Bluing is proud to be a part of the American educational process. We encourage teachers to contact us for more information and download the MSB Teacher Brochure. MSB is very economical and can be used in many ways in the classroom and school.