Earth Friendly MSB
At Mrs. Stewart’s® Bluing we care about protecting the earth
At Mrs. Stewart’s® Bluing, we value quality of life. We care about what we put into the earth’s air and water. It is for this reason that we have continued to ensure that Mrs. Stewart’s® Bluing is a nontoxic product and is packaged in recyclable plastic. If you would like more detailed and technical information on our product, we invite you to view our Material Safely Data Sheets and Safety Information.
The following list suggests ways in which we can perform the tasks of laundry and at the same time, be conscious of respecting and preserving Earth’s natural resources:
- Purchase laundry products packaged in recycled and recyclable materials. When empty – recycle.
- Purchase refill products in cardboard cartons rather than plastic bottles.
- Use products that are free of phosphates or builders.
- For whitening, choose Mrs. Stewart’s® Bluing rather than bleach.
- To save water, set your washing machine level for the size load you’re washing or wait until you have a full load.
- To save electricity & gas, wash with warm and cool water. Always rinse in cold water.
- Use an adequate amount of detergent, but not more than necessary. Too many suds hamper effective washing and require more energy for extra rinsing.
- Keep in mind that a 10-minute cycle is usually enough for even very soiled clothes.
- Use the soak cycle to save time and money.
- Wait for a full load to use your dryer. However, remember that overloading makes your machine less efficient and more costly to operate.
- Use warm to cool settings on your dryer, especially for permanent press clothes.
- Keep the lint filter on your dryer clean.
- Your dryer will run most efficiently if you dry clothes that are of the same thickness.